Randall Sindlinger on 29 Jul 2011 10:32:45 -0700

Re: [Philadelphia-pm] August meeting plans?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com> wrote:

Thanks, that's good to know.  If we don't have anything to present, I
suppose we could do an hour of Q&A and then go get something to eat in
the neighborhood.  Or we could just meet at a restaurant.

Any thoughts either way?

Walt

I was definitely planning on attending.  I think keeping it a bit more "official" and
convening for a bit, if only for Q & A, would be worthwhile.  It's great that Darian can
keep the space for us, but I'd still consider it a "use it or lose it" situation.  There are
plenty of folks that will just commandeer space if no one seems to be using it :-)

On another note, I am definitely interested in keeping this group alive; I've changed jobs,
and no longer work for Penn, but my new position involves a lot of perl scripting, now on
unix *and* windows.  As such, PerlMongers has become more relevant to me than PLUG
(Philly Linux User's Group).  Phl.pm and PLUG compete with each other slightly in that they
are both evening meetings the 1st week of the month; when push comes to shove, I'll be
choosing to make room for phl.pm over PLUG.

-Randall