Eric Windisch on Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:07:02 -0500 (EST)

Re: Ever read a Crashed Windows 95 disk in Linux?

First (obviously) make sure that /dev/hdb1 is your windows95 filesystem.
Second, you didn't give us the full command you used... the correct
command should be:

mount /dev/hdb1 /mountpoint -t vfat;

Otherwise, you might want to try to mount it read-only.  If this doesn't
work make sure that vfat is either compiled into your kernel or the
modules are loaded.

-Eric Windisch