Gregory . Josephs on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:50:14 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] RE: NT Rant

Vale.Kenny@vanguard.com wrote:

> I use my Linux system about 20-25 hours a week, and I use my NT system about
> 3-4 hours a week.  Of that time less than 1% of the time on the Linux box is
> spent in reboots, and 10% in reboots of the NT box.  Because NT is such a
> complete *HOG*, I have to run it on a Pentium II system with a sh1tload of RAM
> and disk space.  My Linux system is running on a Pentium 90 system, with half
> the RAM, and slower drives.  I mean, yeah, it still runs as fast as the NT
> system, but I can only imagine it on the Pentium II.  But I have to keep the
> damn NT, to use it for testing.  Pisses me off.

> Just a small rant..

I don't have a Linux system of my own (yet), so I use NTW4.0 five days a week.
Frankly, I haven't had
a "blue screen of death" in over a month now, and this is typical.  Of course, I
turn it off at the end of
each day - for security, and after all, we all know it won't run for a full week
without crashing, so why
bang my head on a brick wall?

Curiously, what seems to bring the crashes on most reliably is anything
involving the diskette drive -
especially diskcopy.

Others may get different mileage.

GregJ