Kevin Hill on Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:19:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] How does one rebuild a RH kernel to support networking??

Alternatively, you can try to get some info on your Ethernet card under
Linux by doing:

cat /proc/pci

This will dump a list of all devices attached to the PCI bus in your
system.  If your network card is pci, some info should show up here.

But you still need to rtfm to get it to work.

- khill

Greg Lopp wrote:

> > How do I go about rebuilding the kernel to support the ethernet
> > card in my computer??
> Read the kernel HOWTO.  There is probably a copy of it on the Linux side
> already, or you can goto http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html
>
> > I have no clue what type of ethernet card I
> > have in the box.  How can I find the needed info via NT??
> Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Network
> The data you want is under the Adapters tab
>
> Good luck

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;25440
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard