Kyle Burton on Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] How to create a ppp chat script??

There are example scripts for pppd in /usr/doc/ppp-<version>

They use expect to perform a 'challenge/response' type of operation once
a raw connection is made.  You can look for strings comming across the
serial line, and provide resopnses for the stirngs you see.  So you could
script just the situation you've described.

To be wise, the only thing you really need to know is when to say "I don't
know."
    -- fortune file