Xtian Betz on Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:02:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] certification

Vale,

I agree with almost everything you said. I know that certification means
nothing, but for me its something employers would be impressed with. My
only goal in getting certified is so I can qualify for a job that I
otherwise wouldn't qualify for. Don't get me wrong either - I do want to
really learn this material because even if I did get the job i couldn't
keep it or excel in it without some real knowhow. My goal was to find a way
to get a fancy piece of paper to flash to people so I could get in the
door. All I'm saying is without that crappy piece of paper I'd get laughed at.

Oh and by the way, the reason I say that is because I'm a 16 year old kid.
The way I see it is that unless I have really good connections, no one is
going to hire me unless I have some proof I know something, no matter how
meaningless the proof is. Who's gonna believe I can do what they need just
because I say so? So I understand exactly what you mean, and agree with you
wholeheartedly.

A badge doesn't make you a great cop, but you can at least bust down the door.

-xtian