Michael W. Ryan on Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:30:52 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PLUG Meeting Subject-Suggestion!!

I'd like to point out that the PLUG list has been up for however long now
as an open list.  *I* haven't seen any spam.  Is Netaxs dropping emails?

And we already discuss the newsgroup idea, and it was rejected.  There are
propogation and creation issues that make it not worth it.

Let's keep our heads on straight, people.  We had ONE, JUST ONE, MTA get
in a feedback loop, and it was handled.  We are NOT anywhere near having a
problem, spam or otherwise, because of having an open list.  Let's not fix
something that's not broken because of a little hysteria.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)