Hugh Brock on Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:44:22 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Your help needed

"John A. Simkiss III" wrote:

> Has anyone purchase a NEW laptop recently which was 100% hardware compatible
> with Linux ?  Feel free to reply on or off the list.

Hi John.

I *love* Thinkpads. I have had three (755CD, 760, and my current 560Z)
that run Linux beautifully and are a pleasure to use besides.

I bought the 560Z (ultra-light, 800x600 12.1 TFT, PII300, 6.1GHD, 128MB
RAM) in April. Everything works great (including the Neomagic XFree86
driver), although SuSE 6.1 was at that time the only distribution that
would talk to my PCMCIA CD-ROM on installation, which is why I run SuSE
instead of RedHat.

So, a few glitches, but no major problems (except still no USB support
in Linux, but that's on its way I think).

Feel free to send private email with more questions.

Take care,
--Hugh