Darxus on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:59:44 -0500 (EST)

RE: apt (was: Re: [Plug] redhat 6.1 insllation)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Charles Stack wrote:

> Redhat 6.1 provides an "Update Agent" (available under GNOME) that will go
> out to the RH site, provide you with a list of updates, and pull down those
> updates your request and install them automatically for you.  It's the first
> thing I do after I perform an install.  It's very similar to "Windows
> Update" for those of you who still have Win98 machines laying around.

I think I came across this.. does it require registration/money ?

> Also, GnomeRPM provides RPM Find if you want to do it manually.

The number of packages avaiable on redhat's site has been very limited, in
my experience.  I've gotten the impression that redhat has a larger
archive of packages available only to people who give them money ?

                      "There is no spoon."