Aarune J. Oracle on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:11:05 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Advocacy

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

:No, that's not what I said.  They don't have any negative opinions about
:Linux.  They're put off by the community, which they view as having more
:religious fervor (of the type that resulted in the Salem witch trials)
:than sense.

Why would a community make someone not want to use a product, even though
that person is able to understand the merits of a system.  I mean cmon,
this is not pron we are talking about, but then again, society says people
who look a pron are perves, and it is the biggest money maker on the net.
I think that not wanting to use linux or anything because of not liking a
part of a community that uses it, is a bit immature.  I don't like the
kkk, but I still own white sheets, does that mean I should never use white
sheets?  cause a group of people use them for other reasons?

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
its host's resources and spreading across networks