Aarune J. Oracle on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:15:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Two Questions...

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Greg Lopp wrote:

:So make bzlilo first makes vmlinux and then does the following:
:1) saves your current /boot/vmlinuz to /boot/vmlinuz.old
:2) saves your current /boot/System.map to /boot/System.old
:3) copies /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz
:4) copies System.map from somewhere to /boot/System.map
:5) runs /sbin/lilo if you have it, otherwise /etc/lilo/install   (is that
:because of older versions of lilo?)
:
:No changes to lilo.conf are needed, since you are still booting /boot/vmlinuz,
:though the one time addition of /boot/vmlinuz.old would be a good idea.

I think if I remember correctly that it saves it to /vmlinuz and not
/boot/vmlinuz.

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
its host's resources and spreading across networks