Thomas E. Keiser on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:22:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Advocacy

Thank you Rune. I think the quoted post really proves Mike's point: many in the
local Linux community haven't achieved the maturity to treat a subject objectively
and dispassionately, and that gives pause to the folks who might want to try Linux
or become more involved with it.

Sadly, there are a lot of questions all of us have, that many of us could help with,
but the kind of attitude expressed below makes me want to take my questions
elsewhere rather than risk this kind of gratuitous abuse. I assume some others might
feel the same way.

So long as rudeness, sarcasm, and ridicule are tolerated on the list, this group
will never be able to achieve its potential to help other users or the community at
large.

Tom

"Aarune J. Oracle" wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 ziggy@panix.com wrote:
>
> :
> :Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT is not now and has never been a member of the
> :Communi^WMicrosoft Part^WCorporation.
> :
> :Just thought I should mention that.  :-)
> :
>
> That is just a bit uncalled for, Mike has helped out and added alot of
> good to this list.  So what if he is certified, hell I wish i was
> certified, I would be making more money in this field, it takes alot of
> work to get there, and I respect him for that.  He earned those letters,
> in my oppinion.  While I may not agree with everything he says.  I also
> dont agree with everything anyone else says.  Who cares if he is certified
> by MS, or certified by anyone else.  He knows what he is doing, and he is
> a fellow IT person.  He uses linux and helps other people out with it,
> that alone is worthy of my respect.
>
> --
> -Rune
>
> Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
> functions of a computer.
>
>                 -- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40
>
> Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
> its host's resources and spreading across networks

The computer revolution is over. The computers won.