Tom Joyce on Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] relaying email

Hi,

Is relaying email the same as forwarding email? Someone is using my system
to relay email. I have shut down sendmail at the moment and working on
preventing relaying. I was wondering though, if I have a couple names that
forward to another domain will those be affected?

What I mean is I have a few domains on my system. A couple of the incomming
email addresses will come into my machine with different names and then be
forwarded to my ISP so I get all my mail at one place.

The second part of my question is network related, does anyone know how I
can limit the amount of outgoing mail? The system is primarily a web server
but a small amount of email comes though on port 25 and then is forwarded on
to me. The amount of email incoming may vary each day but going back out is
usually quite small and I was wondering if I can limit what goes out.

Tom