darxus on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:47:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] ISP Support

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, jsulfare wrote:

> I have seen various e-mail's about this topic.
>
> *** Poor ISP support for Linux users ***
>
> So here is my question, is anybody here interested in starting an ISP
> business dedicated to Linux user?
> I'm just looking to see if there is any interest and not looking for any
> technical questions.

The tone of the responces are not at all what I expected.

The company I work for, which probably everybody knows is IQ, would love
to get into the ISP business.  They're into the whole e-commerce thing, it
would fit perfectly.  We've hosted client's boxes temporarily for
things.  And the company has existed for several years, and already has
good income.

But after a fair amount of research, people feel pretty strongly that we
could not compete in the highly competetive ISP busness.

You're insane.

And there's no way in hell I'd pay for DSL service from a company that
only had a t1 uplink... I believe a single good DSL connection can
saturate a t1.

But if you decide to go for it, lemme know :)