M. Simons on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:07:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Whats the best way to get to IQ Group in light of GOP and protests?

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Francis Gleeson wrote:

> I am coming from Willow Grove, normally I take a roundabout way that
> eventually gets me to the Ben Franklin Parkway via kelly drive. The
> most direct route which I hate is due south on 611. I have
>
> protests and police rerouting of
> traffic. Are any plug mailees up to date with the traffic situation in
> center city? Any intersection or streets that need to be avoided?

I would recommend taking 611 to fern rock station (broad and olney) and
parking there (I figure there must be a park-n-ride lot there or at least
on-street parking...) then taking the subway downtown.

Honestly, there would eb a lot less traffic problems if the police weren't
constantly trying to 'contain' they keep blocking off streets themselves!

And like (Andrew A.?) said, check out www.phillyimc.org -- and one of the
programmers is a guy I know, you might also want to check out
www.slashcode.com - he posted a bit about it..the phillyimc (independent
media center) is built on Slash, and extended to support multimedia, and
easier voting/moderation.