Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

font tags (was: Re: [PLUG] [PLUG-Announce]today's meeting (8/2/2000)...]

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:00:02AM -0400, Andrew Auderieth wrote:
> > The unusual part is the Republican National
> > Convention that's currently going on in Philly.  Protestors were blocking
> > streets yesterday, I haven't seen the news today.  If possible, you may
> > want to use public transportation.
> >

> You might want to check out this site that one of our programmers worked
> on setting up:
>
> http://www.phillyimc.org/

Can anyone provide a cogent explanation of why someone would use a
font size="1" tag (such as the top (red) block of news on the page
represented by the above URL)?

For me, the text is greeked (unreadably small). Size attributes are
good (maybe) for side text, but body text? Why not let the user's
preference decide what size to render?

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845