Bill Jonas on Sat, 4 Nov 2000 23:00:01 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] please vote (OT)

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 10:42:01PM -0500, Charles Stack wrote:
> Yes.  I am voting for Bush (and proud to admit it).  Gore scares the hell
> outta me with his record regarding personal privacy and encryption policy.

Bush *and* Gore scare the hell out of me.

"There ought to be limits on freedom."  --George W. Bush, 2000

...and then there's Gore's stance on guns, as well as what you mentioned.

Just my two cents, I can't in good conscience vote for either.  If I decide
on which one I dislike more and vote for the other so that my more-disliked
candidate stays out of the White House, *I'm still voting for someone I
don't like*.  They'll take my vote as an endorsement of their politics,
regardless of my actual intentions.

I am personally offended by Bush's statement that Americans shouldn't have
to pay "more than a third" of our income in taxes.

And the hypocrisy.  Both are in favor of escalating the drug war, as if
non-violent people guilty of hurting no one else will be better people for
spending a decade or more in jail.  Would they themselves be better people
if, for their "youthful indiscretions", they themselves had spent 10 years
in prison?

I won't directly say, at least not in the main body of this email, who I'm
voting for, but you've probably already figured out that it's for a third
party candidate, and a cursory investigation will tell you, if you care to
look.

</soapbox>

ObSemiOnTopic: Anybody hear about Bush's comment during the debates about
the Internet "darkening the hearts" of children?

--
Bill Jonas                | "If you haven't gotten where you're going,
bill@billjonas.com        |  you aren't there yet." --George Carlin