Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:02:16 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: sendmail "host not found" error

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 12:10:15PM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:

>   JA> If it's just a couple such addresses, don't be a hero, just put
>   JA> an entry in /etc/aliases.
>
> Jeff, the point I was making was that if I don't have root on a
> machine, I can't just tweak sendmail, so I just use the well known way
> to send mail to an ip address: user@[ip.address.here]
> Am I just no being clear?

I was perhaps confused. I thought the issue was not wanting to have to
type the name, and system-wide resolution is one way. But if it were
just you, just for a couple addresses, and it it were just about
having it route automatically, a local (e.g., mutt) or system-wide
(/etc/aliases) alias would be easier.

--
 Jeff