Kevin Falcone on Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:47:21 -0500

[PLUG] Re: sendmail "host not found" error

  JA> I was perhaps confused. I thought the issue was not wanting to
  JA> have to type the name, and system-wide resolution is one
  JA> way.

No, the issue was that the original poster had a machine with no
official DNS name, and he wanted to send mail to the ip address to
test his sendmail installation.  The trick is to do user@[ip.address]

There, was that clear now?

-kevin

--
Usenet is no longer a quiet place of valued information. You prospect
and sometimes you get lucky. It's not a classroom and you cannot save