MaD dUCK on Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:22:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Unix vs Dos for Virus Content

also sprach gabriel rosenkoetter (on Thu, 08 Feb 2001 05:07:05PM -0500):
> But it *is* possible, because, when I was told to wipe out and
> rebuild one of these NT servers, I did it right and, to the best of
> my knowledge, that one server was still behaving properly (barring
> crap leaking in from the master domain controller) when the company
> went under/was bought out last year.

it definitely is, although my experience with NT 4.0 has shown that NT
*can* randomly change permissions on the system. don't ask me for an
example, i can't produce one, i know it was true when i used it. sure,
may have been my fault, but i am quite comfortable in asserting that i
did know my way around cacl.exe and the wonderful GUI's.

> > the point is that there is a certain level of understanding among
> > linux users which is higher than that of windows users.
>
> Martin, for someone who, just a year and a half ago, was screaming
> about how great NT was and how much everything else sucked, this is
> a mighty strong turn around.

well yes, but remember that i switched precisely for that reason. and
i never compared NT to anything but the other windows flavors...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
scintillation is not always identification for an auric substance.