MaD dUCK on Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:21:25 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: Help with source after kernel update

also sprach Bill Jonas (on Mon, 12 Feb 2001 05:30:32PM -0500):
> Hmm, I didn't realize that VMWare needs SMP.  Do note, though, that the
> config help says the following:
>
>     If you say N here, the kernel will run on single and multiprocessor
>     machines, but will use only one CPU of a multiprocessor machine. If
>     you say Y here, the kernel will run on many, but not all,
>     singleprocessor machines. On a singleprocessor machine, the kernel
>     will run faster if you say N here.

i saw that too, but for the sake of anything, i could not get vmware
to compile/configure on several non-SMP kernels until i made that
change.

go ahead and try non-SMP, but keep what i said in mind before you rip
out hair and throw stuff at the computer. :)

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"and if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
 you shout and no one seems to hear