Rupert Heesom on Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:02:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Kernel 2.4 under RH7

On 10 Apr 2001 22:27:20 -0400, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> If you are doing kernel compiles under redhat why not make a symlink in
> /usr/local/bin/gcc -> /usr/bin/kgcc ?  This way you won't have to edit
> all the references to gcc in the top level make file, and there are sub
> make files that also would have to be found and edited for their
> references to gcc in the kernel source tree.

I've taken your suggestion of the symlink.   It worked fine.....I've
compiled the 2.4.3 kernel, but am
now having problems getting the kernel modules to work.

I'm going to post a seperate msg re the modules.

--
regs
rupert