Jason Nocks on Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:30:52 +0200

Re: [PLUG] KOffice - Error running Kvivio

> I have no idea where kde's configuraiton is stored, but running
> kde-config --path apps:
>
>   [mortis@kookaburra mortis]$ kde-config --path apps
>   /home/mortis/.kde/share/applnk-mdk/:/usr/share/applnk-mdk/
> applnk.  Creating /usr/share/applnk-mdk and copying
> /usr/local/kde/share/applnk/* into it did the trick.

I'm assuming that you are running Mandrake. What version?

Under Mandrake 8.0, the new kOffice 1.1 RPMs for Mandrake installed without
too much hastle (I'm also running KDE 2.2). The only problem I ran into was
trying to force the GUI Software Manager app to not try to install
koffice-2.0.1-11mdk, which it still thinks is an update to koffice-1.1-1mdk.
Not sure why the Mandrake CDs had a higher number on the RPM.

Of course, it looks like you might be building from the sources and
targetting Mandrake, so you might have some more twiddling to do (need the
right incantations, etc. I find that repeating the word Ohm while shaking
some sort of stick from the Carribean works for me). I haven't used Kivio
that much (I did run it to make sure it runs before posting this response),
but the other office apps from kOffice 1.1 work relatively well for my needs.

> Anyone have any experience with doing KDE, QT, or Kivio devleopment?
> I'm taking my first steps into KDE/QT with this app.  Any guidance or
> advice will be appriciated.

I haven't done much development with KDE/QT. I believe there's a guy who's
done a fair amount of KDE/QT development, named Ian Reinhart Geisser, giving
a presentation on KDE at the 10/3 PLUG meeting. I think he's also trying to
get a form of KDE development workshop together.

> Thanks for your help,
> Kyle R. Burton

Hope this helps,
-Jason Nocks