Bill Jonas on Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:00:13 +0200

Re: SMTP cruft (was: Re: [PLUG] Does restricting partial words weaken passwords?)

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 12:43:10PM -0400, Dave Turner wrote:
> So, my secretary can't send messages to PLUG to me? :)  Anyway, since I don't
> host my own SMTP server, I can't make my self into an authenticated user.

So take whatever address it is that appears in the Sender: header,
(novalis@dca.net? can't remember), subscribe it to plug, and turn off
mail delivery on one of your subscriptions.

*shrug*

You might even be able to get away with only subscribing your Sender:
address.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin