gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:40:16 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Backup Options

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:06:05AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> I'm not sure you grasp the scale here.

Scratch that. Rereading your post you definitely grasp the scale,
and I should have actually looked at what CVSup was before I went
talking about what it wasn't.

This biggest problem I see with CVSup and NetBSD is that it seems to
be distributed in binary form, available only for the i386 port. A
little investigation shows that its source is written in Modula-3 (a
truly spooky language, though kind of neat). You might note that

  http://www.research.compaq.com/SRC/modula-3/html/platforms.html
  !=
  http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/

Anything that platform-specific really can't be used with NetBSD.

Also, it's been made clear to me (by those who suggested the method
I'm using) that we don't want a client-pull kind of thing. The
commit action needs to trigger something being pushed, even if the
every client doesn't handle the result immediately (those who can,
will).

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net