Mike Leone on Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:53:45 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT OEM software

> > Same reason why the majority of people who own a car don't bother to
learn
> > how to do their own oil change or tune-ups.
>
> I thought you were going to wonder why people don't build their own cars.
> :)
>
> I'm a biker, and learning linux helped me to get interested in fixing my
> own bike. I think it's a good culture to be exposed to.

Still, you (and me and other people like us) are a minority (and by a
significant amount) compared to people who don't know; don't WANNA know;
don't have the TIME to know; and figure that - for them - it's definitely
worth the money/time/etc to not have to do it (whatever IT is). Bikes,
computers, cars, plumbing, etc.