Chris Beggy on Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:30:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Suggestions for a 'computer science' textbook...

Guillermo Moyna <g.moyna@usip.edu> writes:

> A colleague here is teaching several bioinformatic courses, and asked
> me if I knew of any 'computer science' textbooks he could recommend to

You will probably get many suggestions from the list.

I don't know of a *single* book that meets your needs, but that
won't stop me from suggesting two:

/Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs/, Abelson and
Sussman (see http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/)

/Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach/, Hennesey and Patterson

Chris