gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:10:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] NFS Question

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:51:22PM -0500, Beldon Dominello wrote:
> It shows the hostname that originally mounted the volume.

And the AIX box definitely has the file system unmounted?

Could you use tcpdump to make sure there's not something broken with
some file handle closing that's keeping the connection up even
though the AIX box doesn't list the mountpoint any more?

> Don't know about the AIX box, I'll have to ask.  How does one force the Linux
> NFS server to act like v2?  I can try that with minimal effort.

mountvers=N in fstab for the client end, but that's probably
Linux-specific. I would expect this to be a flag for rpcbind (since
it's about the RPC version, not the NFS- specific version), or
whatever does that business under Linux, but I don't see it in a
quick man page skim.

It might involve reconfiguring the RPC bits of your kernel and
recompiling.

> > Try doing the NFS mount one level higher.
> Did that.  Didn't work.

Nuts.

(Just to make sure, you mean "didn't fix this problem", not "didn't
work at all", right?)

> Actually, we have a service agreement with IBM, so if it gets to that point,
> I can call IBM support.

Might as well make them work for their money. ;^>

> Thanks for the help!

No problem. Sorry I can't be more.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter