Kuzman Ganchev on Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:20:21 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux, Netware, and an NT Domain

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:17:57PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> > Authenticating to a Win domain is supposed to work, I believe,
> > using SAMBA (somehow).
>
> Yeah, it would have to involve Samba.  I think I know how to do it.
> Again, I just have to sit down and make it happen.  Actually, I
> haven't even gotten around to authenticating using a my Windows PC,
> and I will avoid that as long as it's practical to use Linux.

I have used smbspool to print to a PC with a null password, not my
computers, so I didn't care to change that. In any case the syntax is:

smbspool  job  user title copies options filename

where most of those are ignored. I have the following script to do the
actual printing:

#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
        printf "useage: print file_to_print\n";
        exit 1;
fi

for i in "$@"; do
        smbspool 1 guest $i 1 options $i;
done

Which I should rewrite because it's weird, like expecting DEVICE_URI to
be set rather than setting it (it should be set to something like
DEVICE_URI="smb://ORLANDO/LEXMARK" where ORLANDO is the name of the PC
and LEXMARK is the name of the printer).

Kuzman