Tobias DiPasquale on Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:01:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Evolution and PGP compatibility

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 14:36, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:41:53PM -0500, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> > 	Is anyone using Evolution right now? I am using 1.0.1 and every time I
> > get a PLUG message, the PGP signature cannot be verified, saying that
> > PGP 2.6.2 is no longer supported.
>
> That's not Evolution's fault. You need to upgrade the PGP
> installation on your system (6.5.3 might be the most recent freeware
> version you can get on Linux) or switch to GnuPG. (Then you'll need
> to figure out how to tell Evolution about your GPG installation.)
>
> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter
> gr@eclipsed.net

Actually, I am using 6.5.8, the very latest free PGP version available,
so my PGP version is not a problem, I don't think. Also, when I check an
email on the command line with PGP it gives me the "public key not
found" error message. I switched it to use GPG, and I get the correct
error message "public key not found" (since I don't have any of your
public keys on my keyring). So I think that Evolution is incorrectly
interpreting the error message from the PGP verification routine. Must
be a bug in Evolution... I will submit it and see what Ximian says.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.