Kevin Brosius on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:48:00 -0500

Re: [PLUG] XFS w/kernel 2.4.17?

> > Haven't noticed any great difference yet from the ReiserFS I'm
> > using on all my other directories, but who knows.
>
> Did you ever notice a difference between ReiserFS and ext{2,3}? I
> find that, for most day-to-day uses, FS performance isn't all that
> noticeable. (When you're, say, untar'ing or rm'ing a full source tree,
> you're more likely to see the difference.)

Depends on what your day-to-day use is... I do some X driver
development, and when I was locking the box up repeatably, I loved
Reiser.

Also, on my parents box, I use Reiser.  It nicely survives them powering
the box down rather than doing a shutdown.  But, I'm training them...

--
Kevin Brosius