Bill Jonas on Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:06:24 -0500

Re: [PLUG] encryption question

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 08:49:35PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> Thanks.  I have used the procmail procedure to re-write the incoming
> mail from my friend but, as you note, have no solution for outgoing
> email.  Unfortunately, if I change this option then ALL of my outgoing
> mail would be in this format.

It would be a bit inconvenient, but could set it to "ask-yes" or
"ask-no" since it's of type quadoption.  These options will prompt you
upon sending a message giving the default as yes or no, respectively.

A send-hook or reply-hook might also be useful to switch automatically
before sending to him and them switch back afterward, though I'm not
sure if it would be possible or not as I haven't played with hooks much.

> For now, we're managing because he's running a webDAV server and I can
> log on using the cadaver client.  This allows me to send files to him
> through a secure channel.  Not perfect but it works for now.

If you've got a solution that works, then I suppose this is all
superfluous, though I thought I'd point it out. ;-)

> Thanks again.

No problem.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html