gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:33:47 -0400

Re: Mutt & Pine & GnuPG & Mental Health (Re: Urban EW (was RE: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?)))

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 06:37:34PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> 1) Not implimenting rfc compliant support for signing and encryption

As I said before, the problem's much larger than that. It's not just
that they ignore RFC 2015, it's that they ignore RFC 2015 because
the refuse to deal with multi-part MIME messages at all, which is
really just silly these days.

> 2) Releasing it under a restrictive license that doesn't allow anybody else
>    to fix this problem

Yeah, well, not much one can say about that. (Or, it's all been said
and made no difference, so why bother?)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net