gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:02:48 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Mutt & Pine & GnuPG & Mental Health

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 12:17:28AM -0400, Michael F. Robbins wrote:
> I've had many signatures listed as invalid.  Sometimes, if I restart
> evolution and go back to the message, it'll come back as valid.  But
> I've never seen a case in which a message with a known-invalid signature
> was interpreted as valid.  Can someone send a message to me with a *bad*
> signature?  I'd be interested to see how little I should trust this
> thing.

Um.

Is it even possible to purposely *create* a bad signature?

Oh, yeah, I guess so, modify the text of a clear-signed message.
Hey, I bet that's what Darxus did in that message where he was
talking about modification when I was looking for a message of his
to test that had an invalid signature. Ahem.

Anyhow, just because it catches one doesn't mean it will catch every
one. Tracking a bug you're not sure about down that way is *hard*.
Code inspection would be much easier.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net