gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 4 May 2002 18:02:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL saga webpage

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:44:36PM -0400, Art Clemons wrote:
> There's always downloading and installing Plugger to avoid having to
> tell Mozilla/Netscape or Opera to open the pdf with xpdf.  Many of the
> other solutions like Kghostview or even GSview could be selected to open
> pdf's instead.

This is still extra work on the user's part. I'm fine with his
requiring I read PDF, as long as he's fine with my now bothering to
read his work.

> I tend to agree with Doug on this though, even text can be misconstrued
> in some circumstances.  PDFs offer a common easy to reproduce view that
> most Linux users already have at least one way to view, or can easily
> find and compile or download one.

That's so totally ridiculous I'm not even going to bother responding
to it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net