Will Dyson on Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:33:47 -0400

Re: Xine Help!: was: Re: [PLUG] VCD mastering under linux

Noah Silva wrote:
Since one day linux decided to renumber my sound devices, I have been
having a problem with Xine.  I can open a movie, and play it, but it is
pointing to the wrong sound device, so I get no audio.  If I go into the
settings and change the sound device to 0 (autodetect), then it will
crash next time I launch it.  note that xmms, mplayer, etc. works fine.

I tried already erasing its dotfile.

First, you should probably report the crash to the xine project at http://xine.sourceforge.net/. They are nice people and I'm sure they would appreciate it. I think having multiple /dev/dsp? devices is not common, so they probably haven't run into it yet.

Second, I have both ~/.xine/config and ~/.xinerc in my home directory (I think .xinerc is from an older version, perhaps). Did you delete both?

Third, in the setup panel of xine here, it tells me that -1 is autodetect (but I'll assume that is what you meant). But why not set that field to the number of the dsp that you want to use? At least untill you can get the problems with autodetect worked out.

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman