gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:23:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] cdrom mounting

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:00:52AM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> Good call, thanks.  I was just planning to hook up a couple of optical
> drives to it, though, so there shouldn't be any data loss even if
> something is wonky by default.  (Considering splitting up two hard
> drives on ide0 and a DVD-ROM and CD-RW on ide1.)

I'd recommend splitting the other way. (One hard disk per controller,
one CD/DVD device per controller.) It'll probably make the overall
performance of the system better, and you'll have slightly better
than an ice cube's chance in Hell of getting DAO copying between
the DVD (it reads, CDs, no?) and the CD-RW to work.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net