Rebecca Ore on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:40:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, JP Toto wrote:

> How come  you're getting rid of DCA.net anyway? I thought they were
> supposed to be pretty good??

I can't afford them.  They wanted something like $200 for the install and
weren't giving a three months discount for pretty much the same service (and
it's all Verizon underneath anyhow).  And their news sucks (literally, they use
DNews for news, which is fine for a hobby server that's not ambitious but not
acceptable for a professional news server--if they want to do better than
they've been doing, they could hire me as my hobby site was doing better in the
stats than their professional site and I probably had more active posters).

I've had a writing career that lasted longer than the DotComs I've worked for
or had connectivity with.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net