Noah silva on Wed, 3 Jul 2002 21:10:19 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: Need Zaurus Power

hi,

I have a Zaurus, but it's a MI-E1 (Japanese model).  I heard the American
one is modeled (physically) after the MI-E21, which is a newer version of
the MI-E1.  The MI-E21 and the MI-E1 (And in fact the MI-L1 and all of the
MI series) use the same power adaptors, so I am assuming that the SL
series does too.  (I am assuming you have an SL5500 or an SL5000) - so my
power supply should work.  I was just looking on sharp's japanese page
yesterday, and they released an SL model there too.  I think I will stick
with the MI series because while it doesn't ship with linux, it is better
at being a PDA.  I know the SL5500 uses the same batteries as the MI-E1
too, so I could just charge a battery for you and swap batteries. (I have
3 batteries).

I will bring my Zaurus, accessories, and power supply, assuming I don't
melt on the way.

You hardly need the docking station, they don't come with the SL series,
but are an optional accessory.  I have a USB cable (Annoying!) and a RS232
cable (Much better).  You can charge it through the RS232 cable too.

I can also show you some accessories that aren't available in the US but
that I could grab for you next time I go to japan (or have someone I
knwo mail to me) if you're interested.

 -- noah silva