Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 5 Jul 2002 21:00:10 +0200

[PLUG] Memory & kmail

I recently wrote about upgrading my memory.  The urgency for doing this
is related to my use of kmail.  It seems to use more memory than any
other app I regularly run.  When it is running, response times for all
actions seem delayed.  I often have to stop typing to let the display
catch up (to make sure I don't have any blatant typos).  Doesn't seem
to happen with OpenOffice Writer or Mozilla -- unless kmail is up too.
I am using kmail 1.3.1 (on kde 2.2-11).  Is it a version problem, a
problem with my configuration, or just the way its going to run on this
old machine.