Rebecca Ore on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:02:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL?

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Noah silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have Verizon DSL working on Linux?  One of my friends just
> installed the latest RedHat, and is having problems getting her DSL to
> work.

<Raises hand>

I have Roaring Penguin PPPoE -- and most of the set-up is in network
configuration.  Edit the eth0 to allow all users to activate it and edit tcp/ip within that to automatically obtain IP address settings with dhcp, I left host as localhost.  I have an /etc/resolv.conf file with

nameserver 151.197.0.39
nameserver 151.197.0.38

in it.  You can also try the name server info for dial-ups.  I believe I had at one point added that in to resolv.conf but this seems to be okay fine now.

I'm using RedHat-7.2

The other thing is that there's a Linux group in the local 0-verizon.*
hieararchy, and lots of demand for being able to get static IPs and run servers
(some beta testing going on with how they'll be doing this, and some rather
nice teasing about the alliance with MSN).

> I used the adsl-setup script, and I run the adsl-start script and it
> brings up eth0, but it doesn't seem right, pinging any IP gives me
> "Network is unreachable", and I don't think the IP is getting populated
> via DHCP like it should.
>
> any help would be appreciated.
>
>  -- noah silva

Rebecca Ore