Paul on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:08:41 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Suggest a Host

Concerning your comment about frontpage, you might want to use:
Open Office
xemacs html mode
netscape/mozilla composer

There is a small misunderstanding. I will not use Front Page personally. My customer uses it. I code the hard way or use Mozilla Composer recently.

Debian includes a pico like editor called nano where you do not have to compile from source.

Yeah, I've tried that. It is very similar. How about Joe?

MySQL has a smaller ``footprint'' so I think it is more appropriate for web development. Most of the commands between the two are the same.

I would agree that MySQL is good for data output for Web sites, but I would use PostgreSQL if the database is going to be large with a lot of data entry.