Paul on Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:31:24 -0400

[PLUG] ISDN

This one could be the example of OT.

I know a guy who uses ISDN for real-time voice-overs for TV, radio, etc.. I would assume ISDN is the best choice because it has been working well. Now he wants to use the same ISDN lines to access the Internet. This is where some questions and RFC's come in.

Is ISDN the best choice for real-time voice-overs?

How is using dial-up ISDN different from using a 56k modem?

What are the odds that the current equipment used for voice-overs will support an Internet connection?

How much does ISDN equipment cost? Is anyone looking to get rid of any such equipment?