Arthur S. Alexion on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:28:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL, Cheaper..

On Thursday 29 August 2002 09:37 pm, (Chris Beggy ) news@kippona.com
wrote:
> Unless you are using a wireless service, I think you are still
> dependent on Verizon's technicians and Central Office
> administration.  The Telecom Deregulation Act of 1996 seems to
> have failed.

That's right.  AT&T uses a lot of Verizon stuff. Verizon linemen even
installed my new lines.  But I pay (and deal with) AT&T for far less
than I was paying Verizon to get the same services from them directly.
Just like the long distance resellers, I guess they buy in bulk and
mark up less.

My Verizon bil was about $145/month if I did not actually use my phone.
 The average month cost $230.  Long distance was separate.  AT&T has
been running about $80 for the same service.  I'm saving $1800 per
year.