Will Dyson on Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:29:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] vfs question

Mental Patient wrote:
Anyone here ever work with the internals of anything like ftpfs?

I'm working on a device driver for my nomad. It seems to have broken on
recent kernels. I've fixed the usb related stuff (I think), now that I
can communicate with the device again, I need to tweak the vfs layer so
I can copy files again. Just wondering if there was anyone I could get
an overview of how things like that work from.

I wrote a (still read-only) linux filesystem driver for the Be Filesystem. If you ask a specific question, I'll try my best to help you out.

No experince with the usb layer, however (but if that works, the kernel should treat it just like any other block device).

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman