Matthew Ozor on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:30:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] LBF (Linux Business Forum): Top Arguments FOR and AGAINST using Linux in Business

I touch a few of those topics and clear up what I mean.

>Unsupported software (MS Office formats), etc
Linux has OpenOffice.org now  full MS format support

> Using Linux results in a loss of control of system? Uhhhmmm ... what?
This is what I dont want to be seen in the future of Linux. Just stating so
facts.

> Those are all server level things. And the vast majority (in terms of
> number of PCs and number of users) are on the desktop. Many places already
> have Linux machines in place as servers. At a WAG, I'd say most businesses
> buy 10x more desktops than servers, if not more.

This true but creating a Intranet is vital for the organization of a
companies activities.

> >     *Apache
> >     *MySQL
> >     *PHP

Can do this at no cost compared to the astronomical cost this would be on a
NT server.