Martin DiViaio on Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:20:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RedHat 8.0 Installer

The hardware is quite old. One of the install attempts was to a laptop
that has had linux on it before. In fact, the first install I did to it
was RedHat 5.1 and it was fully supported then.

Eric Raymond's post about the CDROM driver being flaky is what I think is
happening here. When I check the other TTYs after it crashes, there are a
number of errors about problems with the CDROM.