M. Jackson Wilkinson on Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:33:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Verizon Business DSL

W. Chris Shank wrote:
I can't speak about verizon, but I just went with Speakeasy. So far it's
great. Although it's a little expensive, I got a sys admin package - 2
static IPs and no restrictions on hosting server(s). As far as the
equipment goes, i got a modem (bridged) that I plugged into a hub then
into the machine. Works great- all ethernet.

Yeah, the towns to the north, south, and east of me (Doylestown, Warminster, and Horsham, respectively) all have covad access, but not my CO. I'd love to have speakeasy.

DSLReports says that there should be many providers for me, but they have all said that they either don't offer static ip's or don't serve my area upon calling them.

I hadn't tried voicenet though, so I just sent in a call to them. Does anyone else find it funny that their little demonstration graphic on

http://www.voicenet.com/speedline.html

is a little indecisive? The middle graphic changes from five seconds to three seconds in the last frame. Apparently, they can't make up their mind how fast it is...

we'll see.