Kevin Brosius on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:02:14 -0500

Speakeasy status (Re: [PLUG] DirecTV switchover)

John Lavin wrote:

> Jeyes, David (371) said:
> > I'm surprised that it went so smoothly. I'm having a nightmare- I put in the
>
> Really?  Are you moving from DirecTV to Speakeasy?  Who's giving the
> trouble - DirecTV or you new one?  I have nothing but good things to say
> about the sales rep and tech guys I've talked to so far.  I think
> another difference is that I have the ability to use Covad.  I think I
> heard mention of Worldcom in the city <<shudder>>.

I'm having a much harder time of my Speakeasy install than I expected
given all the nice comments I've heard about them.  The tech and sales
people are very nice, but I'm unimpressed with their internal
communications and status info updating.  I've stopped calling them on
two day intervals, because that gets me a 'call back in 24 hours for
more info' response, and just seems to slow the process more.

Ordered 12/26
Line committed by Covad 12/27
Modem unable to sync at NID 1/2

They've been doing various rounds of diagnostics on the line since
then.  Monday I was told a Verizon tech would check the line at my NID
on Mon afternoon or Tues.  I've heard nothing yet.  Not even a 'Verizon
scheduled the check for Wed'.

I'm rather disappointed in their performance and updates.

Good news:  Directv is still working on the second line.  Speakeasy
techs are friendly when you call.

--
Kevin Brosius