Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SpamAssassin on Redhat

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 15:59, Kam Salisbury wrote:
> Really Arthur, you know by 'looking at' the man pages that they are not very
> explanatory on how to integrate it into a sendmail (or any other) mail
> service. The site offers links to several out dated how-tos maintained by
> persons other than the developers.

Granted -- and I have not integrated it into any personal mail server
software as I use POP and SMTP with my ISP's server.  (Speaking of
which, you mean fetchmail/procmail, not sendmail, right?  You want to
process incoming, not outgoing mail.)

I just thought the man pages were quite good at explaining the
configuration options, vis a vis *how* it processes mail.

In my system, I don't have it tag mail at all.  The commands
spamassassin -e or spamc -c simply return a true/false, 1 or 0.  If it
returns a 1 (true), I divert it to a spam folder.
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC